Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Years Resolutions




2009 is nearly upon us already. Each year seems to go by faster than the last. This is the time when most people make the same New Years resolutions: lose weight, exercise more, save money. Although those are worthwhile goals, they tend to be broken relatively quickly. So I thought I'd make some different resolutions this year which I might actually accomplish and that will not only better myself, but perhaps bring me some peace of mind. Here is my list:

1. Make it to the top of Multnomah Falls (we are going in June)
2. Clean out the garage and throw away anything I haven't used in the last 2 years
3. Throw or give away one shoe box full of stuff every week
4. Not buy anything to replace that shoe box full of stuff
5. Be kinder to my husband (ie REALLY listen when he talks)
6. Walk Winston 2x a week (this is to help him reach HIS goal of losing 5 lbs)
7. Repaint my porch (it's not looking too good)
8. Go to 6 places in Washington I've never been to before
9. Get passports for me & the girls
10. Hang our family portraits that we took 3 months ago

3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Good for you...look at all those goals! I'm still in Christmas mode. It's gonna be another week before I start thinking New Years.

Fourtner Family said...

These are good goals! I'm looking for someone to teach a class for the Beehives on goal setting...I think I found my guru! I guess we can all help you keep them since they're blogged...

Susan said...

Ok, I'll be happy to let them paint my porch as an activity :)

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...