Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Night

Tonight Corey went to a birthday party. I received a call about an hour before she was to be brought home and told by her friend Jessica that "Corey has been attacked by a dog so you need to come get her". Naturally I'm right in the middle of making dinner. I yell to Gabby to turn off the oven when the buzzer beeps and I grab my purse and head out the door. Of course I don't know what to expect. My mind is just running rampant. On the way out I see Scott who is driving home from the gym. I tell him what happened and he follows me down to Kennydale park.

We find that the birthday girl's family has a dog that for some reason became all excited and had jumped on Corey & bit her head. She had a big lovely gash that was bleeding...you know how head wounds are. She also had a nice hole behind her right earlobe. Amid many apologies by the birthday girl's parents we packed up Corey and headed home where we cleaned everything up, slathered on tons of Neosporin and then topped it off with an ice pack. The head wound looks like it could use a couple of stitches, but we'll wait & see. They don't really do stitches anymore. Maybe we can hot glue it? Somehow I don't think Corey would like that! It was definitely not how I wanted to spend my Friday night! I'm just happy that Corey is ok. Kids........they sure know how to kick start your heart!

4 comments:

Susan said...

No worries- no sticthes or gluing was needed. It closed up in the night.

-Gabby

Rosemarie said...

I'm glad to hear that she is alright. Gotta have some childhood scars to talk about later in life! :)

Clarissa McLane said...

Poor Corey. A birthday party she is likely not to forget. Hope she's all better :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

Wow! I can't imagine Corey getting the dog excited or anything... :) That really stinks that she got bit. That's one of the reasons I don't like dogs is because I watched my mom get bit one time and I was completely helpless. I'm glad it closed up. Was gonna suggest super glue instead of hot glue. :)

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...