Saturday, May 28, 2011

Steilacoom YRE

This morning Jennifer, Clarissa and I travelled to Steilacoom to participate in our first Volkssport YRE (year round event).  This is different from the Volksmarches we normally do in that it's something you can do at any time.  The weather had been predicted to be cold & showery, but it ended up being sunny & mild.  We took that as a good sign to do the 10k instead of the 5k.  We walked down to the Steilacoom waterfront and saw fabulous views of the Sound.  It was a lot of fun!

Clarissa & Jen with the Sound in the background.






The Narrows Bridge in the background with Chambers Bay Golf Course to the right.

Jen & Clarissa taking a little break.  10k is a long ways!  I love that beautiful house on the left which is now a law office.

I put the camera on that bench & used the timer to get this picture of the three of us.

Ferry boats.
We saw so many beautiful flowers in bloom.  I took a few pictures to share.  This was a really beautiful Rhododendron.  We saw many different colors.

Beautiful Poppy.

Really gorgeous lilacs are in bloom everywhere!


No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...