While in Spokane we went to the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture to view the Da Vinci Exhibit. We saw some great artwork & learned more about this remarkable man who was was not only an artist but an inventor light years before his time. There were many wooden models of his renderings. Very cool.
| This was the only picture I took of this side of the building & wouldn't you know they both have their eyes closed! |
| I absolutely loved these little guys that were outside the museum. |
| This fish has feet & shoes. That is a bag of money he is trying to steal. |
| He's trying to escape using a hack saw. |
| Corey as the Mona Lisa |
| Gabby as the Mona Lisa |
| It was cool that we could take pictures of the artwork. I didn't use my flash, but there was a lot of overhead lighting so it was hard to get darker pictures. |
| This is one of two large time-lines of Da Vinci's work & life. |
| One of his drawings turned into reality of a scythe machine for use in battle. |
| A model of Da Vinci's take on walking on water using some sort of flotation device. |
| Model of scuba gear. |
| Model of paddle boat. |
| An early robot. |
| Checking out the pulleys. |
| Examples of his ideas for flight. I love the ceiling in the museum. |
| Side view of museum. |
| These little guys have stolen pennies. I'm not sure why he is eating one though ;) |
1 comment:
Lots of cute little sculptures! Your kids sure pose for a lot more pictures than mine will. It's cool that you were able to take pictures in the museum.
Post a Comment