Saturday, May 30, 2015

Staircase Rapids Hike

Today Scott, Corey & I hiked at Staircase Rapids in the Olympic National Forest.  This is a great trail...not too steep or too long.   The sun came out to greet us right after we started hiking, which was great, as we always seem to come here when it's rainy or gray.  The river was running way lower than normal for this time of year; a sure sign that the drought they are predicting is going to happen.  The water was a beautiful blue-green and very clear.  We did the 2 mile loop then headed to Hoodsport for a yummy lunch of burgers & fries followed by some awesome ice cream!  It was a great day!

They were cold until the sun came out!


Corey loves to hike!

Giant Red Cedar


















Good thing Corey was there to hold up that giant boulder!






Lake Cushman

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love Corey's attitude. She is such a happy girl! I had no idea that she liked to hike. Didn't she used to complain about it? :)

Susan said...

Nope Gabby is the one that doesn't like to hike.

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...