Sunday, April 18, 2021

Hike at Mud Mountain

We had an unusually hot weekend for this time of year with sun and temps in the high 70's and low 80's.  Since we all know this kind of weather never sticks around too long, I decided to take some time off on Friday and hike with Corey since it was her day off.  She and I headed to nearby Mud Mountain to hike the Rim Trail.  Although I've been there a few times, she had not so it was fun to show her the area.  We hiked about 2 miles and she saw a snake, which I luckily did NOT see.  Rosie had a great time.  There weren't very many folks there so she went off leash for a while.  The only drawback of the hike were the sticky things that fell from the trees and were scattered all over the ground.  They kept sticking to Rosie's paws and we kept having to stop and pull them off.  When we got home she got a bath to try to rid her of some of the stickiness.  She must have really hated the sticky feeling because she didn't fight bath time at all.  I'll be happy once the trees stop shedding them!



The trillium are starting to bloom.

View of the White River


No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...