Friday, October 21, 2022

Bye-Bye Grass!

Our front yard has undergone a massive makeover.  We decided to take out all the grass and have a low maintenance landscape.  After getting a really expensive and shocking bid of $19,000 we found another, way more reasonable company to come & complete the project.  They ripped out all the grass in the front & sides of the house, then they laid down weed barrier and created a dry riverbed. They filled in the rest with some plants we purchased and mulch. On the sides they added some large pavers and gravel. They also dug out the weeds & old gravel in the sidewalk strip & replaced that with new weed barrier & gravel.  I think they did a great job and I am excited for the plants to bloom next year.  We put in 41 plants to start; next year we can determine if and where we want to add more plants.  I tried to take pictures in the same spot to show the difference.

This area in front of the porch used to have a ton of plants & a tree which we tore out. 

They filled it with river rock. In the spring we want to put in a bubbly fountain and maybe a few small plants. 


This little area is where I divided & transplanted some irises.

I ended up having them remove it so the yard was all one level.

A field of grass!

No grass!

Before...

After..

Left side of the house.

With pavers & gravel.

Right side of the house.

Gravel to park the truck and then pavers/gravel to the fence line.

Sidewalk strip before...

and after...

Dry river bed from near the house looking down.

No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...