Sunday, September 10, 2023

Everett Aquasox

Last night Scott & I drove up to Everett to attend an Aquasox game.  We weren't sure what to expect since it's a Single-A team and the Rainiers are Triple-A. It was kind of like attending a high school game; Funko field was relatively small, but nice.  The prices were a lot more reasonable for food than at the Rainiers; I feel like they were what we would have paid at the Rainiers about 10 years ago.  The theme was Christmas in September, so their mascot was wearing a Santa suit & they played Christmas music, which was weird.  The crowd was quite enthusiastic and there seemed to be a lot more participation from the sound booth. The game itself was really long; there were way too many pitcher replacements which took forever.  The Aquasox started off well, scoring 3 runs in the first two innings, but then kind of faded and ended up losing 7 to 4 to the Eugene Emeralds.  We only stayed until the end of the 5th inning; the puppies were waiting for us at home.  I'm glad we got to go, though.  If we lived closer, I could see us being season ticket holders there.  The Aquasox are having a great year and have made it to the playoffs.


We were right above the Aquasox bullpen.




No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...