Saturday, July 10, 2010

Clam Diggin'

This morning we drove a little north of Shelton to Cushman State Park to dig clams with Jerry & Brenda. I haven't been since I was a kid. The clams didn't squirt as much as I remembered, but even so, we found some good spots to dig and ended up with lots of clams. It was a lot of fun!


Walking to the water.
Touching a Moonsnail. We found a lot of these and Corey didn't like them. She said it felt all gooey and jelly-like.

Working hard.

You can see a clam squirt right in front of Gabby. What an action shot!

We threw a few seastars back into the ocean.

Our take. The clams were pretty good sized.

We didn't have trowels so the girls used their hands.

Corey with a moonsnail.

Jerry wore his galoshes.



In the parking lot.

Getting our tools out. We didn't get to use the clam guns. It was way too rocky.



Corey found a clam!





The girls checking out a tiny crab. We saw several crabs, some shrimp and some yucky millipede looking things that were really gross.

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

That looks so fun. Next time we come to visit, you'll have to take us there. I love seeing the squirt in the picture. I've never been so that was interesting to me!

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...