Today we travelled about 45 miles southwest to Rainbow Falls State Park just outside of Adna. The drive there was really pretty. Once we got there we were supposed to walk from the parking area over a bridge to the trails. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to us, the bridge had washed away in 2007. Instead we ended up doing a very short hike along the parking area side of the river. It was not very exciting except for the snake that scared the heck out of me. I don't think we'll be going back any time soon. But at least we can say we've been there.
 |
| The falls were small, but still pretty. |
 |
| Trying out my new hiking poles. I'm glad I had them when we encountered that snake! |
 |
| Kind of hard to see, but that snake is at the bottom of the picture, right in the middle. No one saw it until I almost slipped & had to look down to catch my footing, and there it was. I screamed really loud and then used my pole to shoo it into the water. Yikes! I HATE snakes! |
 |
| A happy me before the snake sighting. |
 |
| Gabby wanted so bad to climb across that downed tree. Here she is trying to use her scarf to keep her balance. She is still mad that I wouldn't let her go all the way across. I am too much a nervous Nellie. |
A very short video of the falls. I didn't realize my camera was on video. I was just trying to take a picture of the falls.
1 comment:
Your camera has video? Mine doesn't! Too bad about the bridge being washed away. I always seem to find things like that where it doesn't turn out how it was supposed to be. Glad you enjoyed a nice day outdoors anyway.
Rozanne
Post a Comment