Sunday, October 15, 2017

Stout Grove

On our way to Arcata for HSU Parents Weekend, we made a quick stop at Stout Memorial Grove just outside of the tiny town of Hiouchi off Highway 199.  This grove is part of the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.  I wouldn't really call the .6 mile loop a hike, more like a pleasant stroll through the land of giants.  Just amazing how big these trees can grow!  It definitely makes you realize how tiny we truly are in comparison to the wonders of this Earth.  So glad we got to go!









My tree hugger husband!

At the beginning of a fallen tree....

You can barely see him, but he is way back there at the end of that same tree! 



There I am!  I thought this may have been the biggest tree trunk. 

No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...