Monday, May 27, 2019

Twin Falls Hike #12

We always say we are not going to go anywhere on a holiday, but today was the nicest day all Memorial Day weekend, so we bit the bullet & went hiking at Twin Falls just east of North Bend.  We were definitely not the only folks out enjoying the weather.  We had to park way out from the trailhead, adding about 1.2 miles to our hike, making it about 4 miles total.  It's not an extremely long trail, but it is very hilly with lots of elevation gain & loss.  We encountered lots of mud on the trail...not sure what those people in flip flops & sandals were thinking, but I guess to each his own.  There were 3 Corgi sightings which is always fun but bittersweet as it always reminds us our favorite hiking buddy.  Winston probably wouldn't have liked it today, though, as there were way too many people and dogs on the trail.  It was tough going, but we are still glad that we got to go enjoy the beautiful views of the falls & the river.  The last time we came HERE the girls were still pretty young. Kind of fun to look back at some of the photos we took in the same places..



I love, love all the native flowers blooming right now.





First view of the falls.


The falls from the bridge over the upper portion.





We saw some fish in the water.





I just loved all these roots.  Couldn't believe I managed to get a photo with NO ONE in it! So many people! 








View of the lower falls section.












We were tired & hot by the end.  Glad we brought a picnic lunch to enjoy afterward. 

No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...