Holy cow it's a new year and decade! How did that happen? Not a lot to update for us...Scott just had his 53rd birthday a couple days ago. Since both of us had to go into the office that day, we didn't end up doing anything. I did stop by a deli on the way home and picked up a slice of cake and a slice of pie. We shared the slice of cake--it was so good! I let Scott eat the pie by himself since I'm not a fan of pies. He unwrapped a couple of presents--much needed new Coug gear. Sherry is coming over for the weekend and we'll probably go out with Corey & Terrell also. On Sunday we are seeing
1917, which should be really good.
Gabby has left Dunedin behind and is traveling to her new destination-a bed and breakfast called the Drifting Sands in Hokitika where she will be working for room & board starting the 16th. She has been staying at a few different places as she makes her way out there and even spent a couple nights in a shared tent. She is hitting lots of national parks and getting in a lot of cool hikes. She saw a glacier flip and some Kea which are the only alpine parrots in the world. She is definitely exploring a lot of New Zealand and we are enjoying all of her fantastic pictures.
Gabby asked us if we made any new years resolutions, and we hadn't. We didn't even come up with a 2020 adventure list...I know, what the heck is up with that? Well, we have some things in the works for the year, so we didn't really have anything else to add. Of course we are starting off with a trip to NZ to see our wayward daughter...we leave Feb 12th. On our way back we are staying a couple of days in Hawaii and are hoping to tour the Capitol which will put us at 9 out of 51. In May Scott & I are going for a long weekend to Chicago. I'm really excited to finally see the Bean and we hope to get in a game at Wrigley Field. In June Clarissa, Jen and I are doing our annual girls trip, this time to Nashville. We are hoping Rozanne will be able to join us as well. Of course in October it's Corey's wedding so there will be a lot going on heading up to that. I'm hoping we can do another long weekend after this, but not sure where. That's about it! Here's to a fun and adventurous 2020!!

 |
| I can't get over the beautiful colors of the water. |
 |
| It was a bit windy up there, can you tell? |
 |
| Lupines are one of my favorite flowers, so I was really jealous that she got to go here! |
 |
| These are some hot spring pools. She said they were great to soak in. |
 |
| The tent she stayed in. |
 |
| She did a selfie on a bridge for me :) |
1 comment:
Gabby's having quite the adventure! Sounds like you've got a fun and eventful year planned!
Post a Comment