
Rainfall totals for Tuesday & Wednesday

Delphi Road near Black Lake

Puyallup River overflows in Orting
Another rainy day in Washington. Hard to believe, I know! We have had so much rain these past few days we all feel like drowned rats. As you can see by the chart above, we've had nearly 5 inches of rain in the last 48 hours. The girls (Jen & Clarissa) and I braved the weather and walked during our work breaks today. Afterwards I took my shoes off and was able to squeeze out water from my socks. It wasn't just the rain coming down that soaked us, but the multiple puddles that were everywhere. I really need to get myself some rain boots! There is widespread flooding going on, some schools have closed and some roadways, too, as well as scattered power outages. It's supposed to clear out on Friday...hurrah! Mother Nature is saying "Happy 2009!"

Delphi Road near Black Lake

Puyallup River overflows in Orting
Another rainy day in Washington. Hard to believe, I know! We have had so much rain these past few days we all feel like drowned rats. As you can see by the chart above, we've had nearly 5 inches of rain in the last 48 hours. The girls (Jen & Clarissa) and I braved the weather and walked during our work breaks today. Afterwards I took my shoes off and was able to squeeze out water from my socks. It wasn't just the rain coming down that soaked us, but the multiple puddles that were everywhere. I really need to get myself some rain boots! There is widespread flooding going on, some schools have closed and some roadways, too, as well as scattered power outages. It's supposed to clear out on Friday...hurrah! Mother Nature is saying "Happy 2009!"
1 comment:
Wow, that is a lot of rain! I hope it stops soon. It must be the year of extreme weather.
Post a Comment