Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Strawberry Fluff Pie


This is the picture posted on the Internet.


This is what mine looked like.

Yes, an actual pie...after 17 years of marriage I have finally started making pies for Scott. (Oh the joy of pre-made pie crust!) I guess if he's put up with me for this long he should get some kind of reward.

The girls (especially Gabby) have been on a strawberry kick recently. Luckily for us Fred Meyer has been inundated with tons of strawberries! So last night Scott & I stopped by and got a 5 lb pack. I was worried about buying so much as they tend to go bad fairly quickly. So, I got on the Internet and searched for strawberry recipes and found this one.

Both Scott & Gabby gave it a thumbs up. I thought it was way too sweet. But I think it's because I didn't have the small jello box and had to guess the right quantity from the bigger box. I think I used too much which is probably why it's more pink. I'm not a big fan of strawberries or jello, but if you like one or the other, you should try it. It was fairly easy to make and quick, too...except for the last step. If I make it again I might just delete the 1/4 c of sugar from the recipe because jello is pretty sweet on its own. Let me know if you try it and what you think!


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box

  • 1 box (4-serving size) wild strawberry-flavored gelatin

  • 1/4cup sugar

  • 1/2 cup boiling water

  • 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

  • 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries

  • 8 fresh strawberry halves


Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix gelatin, sugar and boiling water until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken and get syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes.

Stir whipped topping into gelatin mixture until well blended. Fold in sliced strawberries. Spoon into cooled baked shell. Arrange strawberry halves around outer edge of pie. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Looks yummy! We'll have to try it...we are big strawberry fans here. Thanks for sharing. It's so nice of you to make pies for Scott!

Fourtner Family said...

That looks very yummy! Why are you being so nice to Scott? So out of character...tee hee hee!

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...