Since we were in Portland today we decided to surprise the girls and headed downtown to VooDoo Donuts. We had seen this donut shop on "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" on the Food Channel. They promised that the donuts would be good and they sure were! Definitely worth the LONG wait in the heat to get in. The shop itself is tiny and they ONLY TAKE CASH. Luckily Corey had her wallet with her as Scott & I hardly ever carry cash and so didn't have enough for the donuts we wanted. Oops! Now we can check off another item on our "Places to Go" list for 2009.
Waiting outside in the heat for our turn.
Good motto

We made it inside!
The box we got-they are right!

Don't they look yummy?

Their trademark "voodoo" donut. It's kind of hard to see but it has a "pretzel stake" through the heart.

I took this picture because I thought it looked cool. The only thing left of the building is the front.

This sign was across the street from VooDoo Donuts.

Gabby is obsessed with hobos. I don't know why. But we saw this awning and I just had to take a picture of her under it.
2 comments:
Those donuts are making me so hungry right now! That's interesting how they have like Cocoa Puffs on them. I certainly wouldn't mind visiting VooDoo Donuts sometime. Is Portland their only location?
BTW...that 'no cash' thing has happened to me before because I don't carry cash either. Good thing Corey was prepared.
Post a Comment