Sunday, March 30, 2014

Foothills Trail Walk

Today Jennifer, Clarissa and I went to Orting to check out the Foothills Trail.  This trail runs for 18.6 miles between Buckley and Puyallup.  The section we were in starts right in downtown Orting.  We walked approximately 5k along the Carbon River and crossed one small bridge.   It was a typical spring day with periods of heavy rain & sunshine.  Luckily it was dry for the second half of our walk which gave us a chance to dry out a bit before hitting a local Mexican restaurant for lunch.  It was a lot of fun.  Although it's a bit of a drive, I would like to come back in the summer with our bikes.  We didn't see Mt. Rainier today, but supposedly there are great views to be had when the skies are clear. 

Clarissa & Jen at the trail head.




On a clear day Mt Rainier would be visible from here.



Our lunch spot




No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...