So we have an area in our house that was supposed to be a dining room, but it is so small that we decided to make it into a reading nook. We had some black bookshelves in there, but they were a bit precarious. We were worried that when Nova becomes mobile that she would pull on them and they would come toppling down. So, I looked online and found some mid-century modern looking ones that bolt to the wall. We bought three of them, and this weekend Scott & I assembled and installed two them. First, I painted behind where they would go; I hate the green that the former owner painted, so am changing it to something more neutral. We decided to go with Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams. It's a classic for a reason! I think they turned out pretty good. I'm looking forward to the kitchen being done so we can move our dining room table back and reclaim this area as our reading nook.
| Reading chairs which is where our dining room table is currently residing. This was taken right after we moved into the house. You can see our old kitchen in the background. |
| Old bookcases and green walls. |
| Starting to paint. |
| Above the doorway you can see the light green vs the new beige color. Hopefully the dining table will moved be back to the dining room soon! |
| Harvey supervising the assembly of the bookcase. |
| Harvey telling Scott he's doing a good job! |
| Finished product! |
No comments:
Post a Comment