
A lot of you might not know that Gabby & I have gone "beef free" this year. It all started when we went to the Boeing Flight Museum in January. On the way up to the museum we drove past a truck full of cows on their way to......somewhere.....we can only assume it was not Disneyland. So, she and I decided we could no longer be partly responsible for that and decided to forgo eating beef. I must say, it's not as hard as you would think as we do eat other meats (although I have recently stopped eating pork also-sorry Rozanne-I know you hate picky eaters!). Besides being better for our mental & physical well being, my friend Jennifer pointed out that not eating beef is also good for the environment. Huh? Well, she gave me this article about a book called "Go Green, Get Lean" which states that eating certain things have different ecological impact. It said that raising beef accounts for 18% of global warming emissions worldwide. Interesting.......who would have thought? It also said that we shouldn't drink soda because processing sugar is also bad for the environment....but let's not get carried away. Give up Coke? How many sacrifices are a girl supposed to make? I'd rather go vegetarian.
1 comment:
I'm ok with you not eating beef or pork. Go Coke!
Post a Comment