Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mid Week Happenings

We're half way through the week. Hurrah! Just a few of the things that are going on around here:

Monday was the beginning of a new trimester for Corey, and she has started Track & Field at school. I'm not sure how long Corey will last as she found out you actually have to RUN to do track & field. Huh...go figure! She said she'd give it one week and then decide. I'm hoping she'll give it at least a couple of weeks before she makes up her mind.

WASL started for both of the girls. So far so good. Gabby said today that her hand is tired from all the writing she had to do. They both said yesterday's tests were pretty easy.

Last night the Mariners won their first home game against the Angels 3-2 in the 10th inning. Everyone was talking about how great it is that Ken Griffey Jr has come back to Seattle after 10 years. We hope to make it to a Mariner's game some time this summer. Hopefully they will have a much better season this year.

Gas is now $2.25 a gallon at Costco, up from $1.99 on March 24th (the last time I bought gas). Increasing gas prices are a sure sign summer is coming. My odometer now reads 3994.....I'm so close to 4,000 miles and on the the 19th my van Misty (or YAR as we like to call her) will be 8 months old. Scott tells me I really need to drive more...but most of you know that I hate to leave Thurston County.

The weather today is sunny but a bit cool. We are enjoying seeing all the flowers blooming. The tulips are on the verge and I actually saw a couple that were blooming on our daily walk at work. We may head up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival this weekend if the weather holds. The grass has started growing again. I saw tons of people out today mowing their yards.

On our way out to pick up Corey from track we saw two ladies walking two Corgis that looked just like Winston! Just another exciting week in Tumwater.

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I saw that gas had gone up here too, but we are still under $2.00. This week is the TCAP for our kids too...they've said it has been easy, hopefully their scores will reflect that.

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...