On Sunday we drove down & checked into our hotel in Salt Lake City around 3pm. We stayed at another Homewood Suites. This one was in the downtown area, about 6 blocks from Temple Square, which was very convenient. After checking in, we decided to walk over to Temple Square. We really enjoyed viewing all the beautiful buildings and gardens, and learning a bit more about the history of the LDS Church. Afterwards we walked back to the hotel with a short pit stop at PF Chang's for dinner. As soon as we sat down we all downed 2 glasses of lemonade each. It's been a long time since we've been in that type of weather. It was really hot & windy.
| It was 100 degrees as we passed by that Welcome to Utah sign! |
| Our room. I always request an upper room & this time we were on the top floor! |
| It was actually really nice. There is this room, a kitchen and the bedroom is separate. |
| View from our hotel room. That is Pioneer Park right across the street. |
| Another view from the 6th floor. |
| View down towards the pool which was on the 3rd floor. |
| Scott & I as we were heading out to Temple Square. |
| View of the hotel. |
| We found some cute pig statues. |
| A Greek Orthodox church. |
| Some pictures we took on our walk through downtown.... |
| Finally! We made it to Temple Square! |
| The Temple was really beautiful! |
| Proof we were there! |
| I loved all the fountains & the beautiful gardens. |
| The Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We had dinner here on our last night at The Roof restaurant. More pics later... |
| This building is the Conference Center and is across the street from Temple Square. |
| Inside the North Visitor's Center |
| The Mormon Tabernacle |
| The Nauvoo Bell |
| Gabby mad at me because I took a picture of her taking a picture. |
| The Assembly Hall |
| We walked through the new City Creek Mall on our way back to the hotel. It was closed because it was Sunday. |
| Fancy waste bag station! |
2 comments:
Lots of great pictures! You documented it way better than I did! I like that you had a picture of those handcarts because Alex just went on a re-enactment of that handcart company for youth conference. Did you see my pics? We heard about that mall but never had a chance to go in. I heard it had a retractible roof.
Lots of great pictures! You documented it way better than I did! I like that you had a picture of those handcarts because Alex just went on a re-enactment of that handcart company for youth conference. Did you see my pics? We heard about that mall but never had a chance to go in. I heard it had a retractible roof.
Post a Comment