This morning the girls, Winston and I drove up to Snoqualmie Pass to hike the Franklin Falls Trail. We met up with Scott, who was on his way home from Ellensburg with our new truck (see next post). I had read that this is a very popular hike, but I didn't realize how limited the parking was. Luckily we got there just before all the spots were taken up.
After a quick stop at the campground bathrooms, we headed off to Franklin Falls. The hike is rather short at only 2 miles round trip, but definitely worth doing. The falls were incredible. The trail was in great shape, with the exception of the very end where you had to scramble a bit down a rather slippery and narrow rock ledge. Luckily we made it both down & up without incident. We did pass some folks on our way back to our car who were hiking in flip flops. I don't think that would have been my first choice of footwear, but I guess to each their own. It was a great hike. It wore poor little Winston out. He slept pretty much the entire trip home.
 |
| His body looks so long in this photo. |
 |
| This is Denny Creek. |
 |
| Lots & lots of stairs on this hike. It was uphill to the falls, then down all the way back. |
 |
| This tree was huge! I didn't realize how bright & reflective Scott's shirt was until I looked at this picture! |
 |
| Smaller falls further down. |
 |
| Our first view of the falls. This is where it started getting precarious. |
 |
| Taking a snack break. |
 |
| Winston is definitely a water dog. He jumped in the creek every time we got near it. |
1 comment:
Scott's shirt was the first thing I noticed! It's so bright!! I can't believe how it was reflecting onto the tree. That's a cool picture! It's funny that Winston likes to get wet in those cold streams and creeks.
Post a Comment