Sunday, September 15, 2013

Snoqualmie Falls

Today Jennifer, Clarissa & I traveled to Snoqualmie Falls for Jennifer's birthday celebration. She had never been to these falls.  The last time I was here only the upper falls viewing area was open.  Yesterday was the grand opening of the lower viewing area & today they opened up the trail to the river.  The falls were low, but still spectacular.  We lucked out & had dry weather even though the forecast called for thunderstorms.  The trail down to the river was really steep, but short, only about a half mile.  You couldn't see the falls from the bottom of the trail, but you could see the power plant & river.  Definitely worth a trip if you're in the area. 


Lots of spray from the falls & some mist made the Salish Lodge hard to see.




Clarissa and I.  She was smiling in the other picture, but it came out blurry..bummer.













Jennifer in the wilderness.  







No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...