Friday, March 13, 2009

TGIF

This was a long week and getting up an extra hour early every day did not help make it feel any shorter! Yesterday felt like Friday, so going to work today was like going to work on a Saturday. It didn't help that it was actually sunny and warm today (in the low 50's). I so wanted to leave work early, but I put in my full 8 hours. Amazing, but true!

After work Corey and I went into the back yard to get my 6 new plants planted. Corey got to dig the holes while I planted. I didn't realize at first until Corey pointed out that my beloved green watering can was leaking! Somehow between last summer and now it had sprung a leak on the side about 3 inches up from the bottom. I wonder if it was put there by that rat that was living in our garage this winter??? Hmmm...very suspicious. Anyhow, I guess it's time for a new watering can. Rozanne, these are the plants I got:

Azalea-Girard's Rose

Blue Ice Bog Rosemary
Rhododendron (Gabby picked out a red one)

Himalayan Sweetbox
2 Heather plants
I'm excited to see all the flowers they produce over the next several years.

2 comments:

Fourtner Family said...

I can't wait to see your new plants growin'! I hope they enjoyed the rain and didn't get flooded out today--man! I went in Costco to pick up some contacts for Daryl and had to make myself avoid the plant section...I have two daffodils that opened today!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Oooh...I like your new plants! That blue ice bog looks interesting! I like the color of the heather, and I was surprised to see you got another rhodie! Remember when you got rid of all the ones that came with your yard? The do make nice green year round though...I like that.

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...