Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas Forest 2013

Every year we go to the Christmas Forest at the Red Lion Inn to view their fabulous Christmas trees on Black Friday.  For some reason, they moved the event to the week after Thanksgiving this year.  With the girls' busy schedules we just couldn't find a time when all of us could go.  So on Thursday night Scott & I decided to have a date night & went to the Christmas Forest after a lovely dinner out.  The trees were beautiful as usual.  I think my favorite this year was the Downton Abbey inspired one which fetched $3,000 at the auction the following night.  Scott's favorite was the Fountain of Youth inspired tree.  The highest auctioned price was $5,000, but I'm not sure which tree it was.  Surprisingly, it wasn't the Seahawks tree.  That night a local handbell choir performed, which was amazing.  There's nothing quite like the sound of handbells to put you into the Christmas spirit. 




Olympia inspired tree








Notre Dame inspired tree



Gnome tree









Seahawks tree




I really liked this candy cane tree, too.



Fountain of Youth tree 


Downton Abbey inspired tree



You can't tell, but it says "Ahoy"







1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Awesome Date night! I'm glad you still got to go! We need to find one of those around here. We always went to the local festival of trees when I was a kid.

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...