Saturday, December 21, 2013

Fun in Seattle

The weather may have been wet & cold, but that didn't dampen our spirits today as we headed up to Seattle for our annual day of holiday fun!  We completed everything on our traditional to do list: watch ice sculptor create something amazing, see the holiday train display, ride the monorail, check out the awesome gingerbread houses at the Sheraton, eat lunch at P.F. Chang's.  We added in a trip to Top Pot for delicious donuts.  What a day! 

You can see how dismal it was.  At one point you couldn't even see the top of the Space Needle. 

Gabby actually wearing a coat!  We just got it yesterday at Eddie Bauer. 

The ice sculptor.  We only got to see him sculpt the smaller ice block into a teddy bear.  Everyone guessed that the larger blocks would be a Christmas tree.  Was it?  Hmm...you will have to keep scrolling to find out. 

This photo makes me laugh. His poor assistant in the background looks really cold.  I think he should have worn a bigger coat. 


My spectator family.

Starting to look like a bear. 

Cool spray of ice...it turned it into snow. 



Bridge photo!  The train village was so cool. 





That hot air balloon actually went up and down. 





Monorail!

Corey was trying to take a photo of me & Gabby.  Scott decided to be a photo bomber, but look behind him for the ultimate photo bomber. 


Tree in Westlake Center. 

The line this year for the Gingerbread display was longer than I've ever seen it.  It snaked all around the lobby.  Here are Gabby & Scott taking a break while Corey & I stood in line.  Slackers!

The theme this year was Nursery Rhymes.  This is Jack and the Beanstalk.  

The setting is obviously Seattle.  There is the Space Needle and the new Ferris wheel on the pier. 





I wasn't familiar with this one. I think maybe it's more British?

The ship actually rocked back and forth. It was amazing. 





This is London Bridge is Falling Down



Do you see Humpty Dumpty on the bridge?




This was Hickory Dickory Dock


I thought the little mice were cute. 




The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe







This was my favorite: Hey Diddle Diddle 




It's cool that they set it on a book. That green thing is the bookmark. 




The cow on top actually jumped over the moon.  So cool!




By the time we were done it was dark & the lights were on. It was magical. 

We stopped by to see the finished product!





1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love that Seattle Christmas tradition that you have! I wish we had a similar tradition! The lights are beautiful and the gingerbread houses are amazing (as always)! Looks like a wonderful day.

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...