Monday, February 9, 2009

DWTS' New Celebrities

Ok, I admit that I used to be a big DWTS (Dancing with the Stars) fan, but last year I couldn't muster enough energy to watch it. I don't know if it was because the show was on so late (I need my sleep!) or because the celebrities from last season were so lame. Here is the list of the new celebrities for this upcoming season (which starts March 9th).
  1. Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell
  2. Rapper Lil’ Kim
  3. Former New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor
  4. “Jackass” wild man Steve-O
  5. Actress Denise Richards
  6. Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson
  7. Singer Jewel
  8. Rodeo star Ty Murray (who is also Jewel’s husband)
  9. Actor and comedian David Alan Grier
  10. "Sex and The City” star Gilles Marini
  11. Country singer Chuck Wicks (who is also Julianne Hough’s boyfriend)
  12. Former Go-Go’s singer Belinda Carlisle
  13. Apple computer co-founder Steve Wozniak

I'm not even sure who half of these people are! But the girls were excited to hear that Shawn Johnson was going to compete. I'm not sure how well she will do, though, since she is so tiny. Some of the best dancers have been the ones with the longest legs...for example Brooke Burke (who won last season) and Stacey Keebler (who came in 3rd a few seasons ago). I'm sure she'll have enough stamina, though, to get the job done. The last Olympic stars have done great and have all won (Apollo Ono, Kristi Yamaguchi) except for Misty May-Treanor who left due to an injury. I'm not sure who I would root for other than Shawn. Denise Richards might be a contender, but she is just so annoying I can't see myself voting for her. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they can spark my interest!

No comments:

A Chorus Line

Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows.  Our first show was A Ch...