Saturday, February 7, 2009
Saturday Errands
What bliss to sleep in this morning! How can you not love Saturday mornings? We lazed into our day then dragged our sorry bums out to run errands. First stop: the bank to deposit birthday & babysitting checks. We got many "thank you" and "we're glad you're a customer" comments at Wells Fargo. I felt like the Queen of England or something. Maybe they know I have a Corgi? Very peculiar. That is definitely a new thing because I usually get barely a nod of acknowlegement when I go in there. I think they finally figured out that they are in a precarious situation with the current economic downturn. They also handed out little bags of Valentines hearts (my favorites) because it was "customer appreciation week". Hey, I'm not one to turn down free candy. I ate mine and I've got my eye on Gabby's too! I did have to go back into the bank after I got to my car because I forgot my keys on the counter. Susan-0, Dementia-1. Next stop: Target. $150 later we had 4 new toothbrushes, a cute brown dress for Gabs and Converse shoes for Corey that look like they need laces but don't have any because they are slip-ons. (I think they are just too cheap to include the laces). We ran into Nikki & McKell Park there buying Valentines goodies. We also saw Nadia Cammack and a few of the girls' friends from school. Next stop: Costco. We picked up some pictures that we had sent to them via the internet to get printed. Gabby needed pictures to bring to class because next week is her week to be "Kid of the Week". Note that of the 15 pictures we had printed there were two of Winston and NONE of me. The score is now Susan-0, Dementia-1 and Corgi-2. Gabby also got her passport photos taken ($4.99-a great deal!). I did not as I was having a bad hair day (what else is new?). I am one step closer to completing my New Year's resolution of getting our passports done. While shopping we ran into Gabby's PE teacher Mrs. Scholz. Last stop: Fred Meyer for groceries. And I FINALLY found a new insulated lunch box (the zipper broke on my old one 4 weeks ago). I guess now I don't have an excuse to eat lunch out anymore. DARN! We ran into Emma Lindemeier and her Mom there and a few other kids that the girls know. In all we saw 12 people we know in a span of one afternoon. I guess Tumwater really is a small town. Now we're done for the weekend. No more errands to run. Tomorrow is Pajama Day! HURRAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Chorus Line
Scott and I bought a season pass to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 2026-2027 season, which will consist of 5 shows. Our first show was A Ch...
-
Gabby & I were supposed to go to Hood River this weekend for a girl's trip, but we ended up cancelling because I was sick, the area ...
-
Gabby gifted Scott and I an afternoon tea experience at Woodland Park Zoo for my birthday and his Father's Day. We finally got to go on...
-
Tonight Corey went to a birthday party. I received a call about an hour before she was to be brought home and told by her friend Jessica tha...
No comments:
Post a Comment