
This afternoon Scott went into the garage to put something away when lo and behold a lovely surprise was waiting for him-a large dead rat right at the bottom of the stairs. To make matters worse, it wasn't even dead. It was just "mostly dead". I pulled the van out of the garage and got our snow shovel to scoop it up when all of a sudden it started moving and we totally freaked out. Luckily it was Sunday so we knew the Fourtners would be home and so Corey made a frantic call to them for help. Apparently the rat had eaten the rat poison that we've left scattered around the garage and was very sick. Daryl brought his pellet gun which he had to use-twice-to put the poor rat out of its misery. Even after the first shot it kept twitching...so gross. After that he wrapped it up in the old carpet and disposed of it. Thank you Daryl for being our "knight in shining armor". What a lovely Sunday surprise. I hope that it is the last one.
4 comments:
What a nice surprise! :) Why weren't Scott and Susan the knight and maiden in shining armour? I have to tease a little and say, "It is kind of pitiful that Daryl had to come rescue you from a rat" (hehe!)...now if it was a snake I could understand :)
But it was a big rat and it was twitchy...ew!
That's what (unofficial) hometeachers are for, right? The dirty work! Besides, it gave Daryl a chance to discharge his new toy and we all got to exchange giant rat stories and hear Gabby screech "It's still moving!!!" over and over again! Good memories in the neighborhood. Although, I am extra cautious walking into my garage these days...
Post a Comment